Thursday, November 08, 2007

Kelly Slater :



Kelly Slater praises Rickson and Arona


Eight-time world champ declares love for fighting to Sportv crew

Eight-time world champion Kelly Slater gave signs yesterday of his love for fighting, after a laid-back chat with also-surfer Teco Padaratz and the crew of Sportv, which was shown by the cable channel. After commenting on how he had been a reasonably good tennis player and skater, the American finished his heat during the Santa Catarina stage and, upon leaving the water, asked the cable channel reporter to finish his response.

“The guys asked me if I have a hobby or practice any other sports, and I forgot one I think is very important to remember, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I’ve trained with Rickson Gracie, and now at the France stage I was able to train with Ricardo Arona. I love the sport, as well as MMA. I always watch K-1 and Pride,” said the many-waved myth.