Saturday, July 09, 2011

Exclusive Interview


Carlos Santos - PRIME BJJ CENTER
Exclusive Interview with the man who made BJJ HUGE in the UAE.
Abu Dhabi has been introduced the grappling world through ADCC. But one man, helped make Abu Dhabi become more than just a name of an event, he built it up to become a Mecca of BJJ. After spending years in Abu Dhabi, BTT Black Belt Carlos “Carlao” Santos, has now left Abu Dhabi and returned to Brazil. In a recent interview with Grappling Weekly, Carlao tells us of how he ended up where he is today, what he did for the sport and the future of Carlos Santos and Professional BJJ.


GW: First off Carlao, tell the Grappling Weekly readers a bit about your background before you went to Abu dhabi?

CS:I started training on the famous Carlson Gracie Academy in Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro. I stayed there until I got my brown belt and I won 3 world champoinships with blue, purple and brown belts. Then I moved to the BTT Academy in 2000/2001, where I got my black belt and I was responsible for the Kimono BTT team.
http://www.grapplingweekly.com/exclusive-interview-with-the-man-who-made-bjj-huge-in-the-uae/