Saturday, July 29, 2006

KID NEWS:



Kid Peligro Jiu-Jitsu News . . . 6 fights - 6 submissions= 1 Gold Medal + 1 Brown Belt
Submitted by: Kid Peligro / Sr Editor
Posted On 07/29/2006
'06 Worlds Purple Belt
Kron Gracie was the story of the day today, winning 6 matches against tough opponents, all by submission (chokes). In the end he had the World title with the corresponding gold medal and a new brown belt. As the last fight ended with a choke, uncle Royler (with his brother Rickson's approval) threw a brown belt on the mat and referee Muzio de Angelis tied it onto the new World Champion's waist in well deserved fashion. The kid won 11 matches in 8 days all by submission.

Kid conducted a short intereview with the new champ Kron after his incredible day. When asked about his performance Kron stated: 'I learn and train with my dad, he is the best in the World, that is what it is expected'. I then asked him: 'Even when you are behind on points you show unusual poise what do you attribute that to? Kron: 'I never measure winning by who gets ahead on points. I can't worry about that, I worry about who is the best in that fight and today I was the best in my division!'
No kidding! The great videographer Osvaldo 'Paqueta', who has been documenting BJJ fights since the early tournaments stated: 'When I saw Kron fight it was like watching his dad competing in earlier times, the same demeanor, the same calmness and the same desire to submit. And at the end of every fight he is very respectful. It is great to see that!'
Congratulations to Kron on a great performance. Sorry for the short report but it has been a very long day, it is very late and tomorrow the Black belts go at it

Now go train JJ

No comments: