Friday, October 22, 2010

ADFC R 2


ABU DHABI // Neil Wain hopes victory over Marcos Oliveira tonight will edge him closer to ensuring him and his family never have to work again.

The British fighter takes on the Abu Dhabi resident tonight in the semi-final of the competition which will see the winner walk away with a prize of Dh1 million.
Wain, 32, currently works as a security guard in the north of England and will use his partner, his daughter and his two step daughter as motivation at the Abu Dhabi Exhibition Centre this evening.
"It's a lot of money and it would change my life," Wain said.
"If I'm being brutally honest, I just want to make enough money so me and my family don't have to work again.
"I won't be thinking about the money, though. I'm experienced enough that I'll just go out and do the job if you perform well, the money looks after itself."
Standing in between Wain and a place in the final against either Shamil Abdurahimov and Sokoudjou Nkamhoua, who meet in the second semi-final tonight, is Oliveira, the Brazilian.
http://www.thenational.ae/sport/uae-sport/wain-wants-to-be-a-provider