Tuesday, August 15, 2006

KID NEWS.


Kid Peligro Jiu-Jitsu News . . . Roger Gracie to debut in MMA in the USA and more
Submitted by: Kid Peligro

Current World BJJ and ADCC Champion Roger in a scene he hopes to repeat many times in MMA Photo: Kid Peligro
BOMB ! ! ! Following his family tradition, multiple times World BJJ Champion and current World ADCC Absolute Champion Roger Gracie has just signed a contract to fight in MMA.
Roger will make his MMA debut on the MFC on NOV 4th, on an event scheduled to be aired on PPV. His opponent is rumored to be none other than Don Frye, It is the headliner SUPERFIGHT of a Russia v USA undercard. A very excited Roger stated: 'I am very happy to be debuting in MMA, especially if the opponent is Don Frye. He was beating everyone in MMA when I was a Blue Belt.
More on this story as it develops. Check out the next issue of Nocaute Magazine for the full story with pictures and statements on Roger's MMA debut.



Crosley Gracie's statement about his K-1 Fght
As you all may already know, my fight with Melvin Manhoef was stopped by the referee at 9:12 of round 1. I was unable to continue. I took a big risk taking the fight only 48 hours against a very tough opponent, who holds the belt in the 205 lbs weight class in England and has knocked out 95% of his opponents in the first 4 minutes.

The fight was going as I had planned for the first 2 minutes as I took him to the ground and tried to establish position. However, I gassed due to my lack of preparation and from that point on the fight was his and my game plan no longer existed ..He's the strongest opponent I have faced but I do not regret taking the fight. My job as a fighter is to take risks and test myself. I know I didn't perform the way the fans expected and I apologize for that.

Many things happen behind the scenes of the fight world that are not seen by all and our whole career seem to always be judged by our last appearance. However, I know who I am and what I'm capable of and I know the fighter that was there that night was not me. But since I took the fight, I know there are no excuses so congrats to Melvin , that night he was the better fighter. I appreciate all the support from my fans friends and I will definitely be prepared for my next challenge to be able to perform at the maximum of my abilities as I always have done it.
Crosley

4th California Open November 2006 Invitation to the 4th California Open November 18 & 19, 2006

International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Submission Grappling Tournament

Dear Friends

I would like to cordially invite you and your academy to attend and compete
in the 4th California Open International Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Submission
Grappling Tournament to be held in Northern California at Half Moon Bay High
School. The event will take place on Saturday and Sunday, November 18 and
19, 2006.

Over 400 athletes will compete in the white, blue, purple, brown, black, and professional black belt divisions.This year there will only be two weight classes for the black belt division.174 & below and 175 & up. the winner of each weight class will receive $1,000 and second place will receive $200 and a Medal. On Sunday 19 the winner of the no gi professional open division will receive $1000, $200 and a Medal will be awarded to second place. First place team will also receive championship trophy and $500. cash prize. Athletes from all over the world including Brazil, Canada, Japan, and Europe are expected to come.

*** Team Trophies ***
will be awarded For 2nd,3rd,4th, and 5th Places

Registration Online @ www.jiujitsuhalfmoonbay.com


The North American Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Tournament is less than one month away.

The Tournament will take place on September 9th & 10th at the Aviation Park Sports Complex, in Redondo Beach, California. All belt levels are invited to compete.

Battle of the Black Belts total prize $2,500
Black Belts that are interested in competing call 310-628-1449 or e-mail us at nabjjf@yahoo.com

For tournament and sign-up information check out www.nabjjf.com

No comments: