Sunday, September 30, 2007

KID NEWSSSSSS :

Kid Peligro Jiu-Jitsu News . . . U.S Open - Robson Moura Interview and more
Submitted by:Kid Peligro

US OPen Trailer opn Youtube

The US Open is just around the corner and the promoters sent us this preview to get you all fired up!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZGbZYuLHYe4


Robson Moura Interview (by AJ Scales)
A.J.: So how did it feel to fight in the World Championships again?
RM: I was very excited; I haven’t fought in the CBJJ since 2001 I was very happy. And then I fought in CBJJO in 2002. When I stopped fighting in the kimono I focused allot on MMA. I then moved to the US and started to compete again. I did a Super fight with Jeff Glover at the LA X Submission event and competed in Grappler Quest.

A.J.: How did you prepare for this year Mundial?
RM: I went to Arizona and trained with Gustavo Dantas. I trained allot with his students, Steve and Jake also Gustavo. We had two training sessions per day for about two and half weeks.

A.J.: Do you have any new goals now that you’re a 7 time World Champion?
RM: Yes, I want to be a Ten Time World Champion. (big smile on his face)

A.J.: So how long have you been in the United States?
RM: Just over two years now.

A.J.: Where is your school located?
RM:I started a school in Newark, Delaware and have about 50, 55 guys. I’m very happy the way the school is going. www.elitejuijitsu.com

A.J.: So have you been doing allot of Seminars?
RM:Yes, I did a Seminar at Gustavo Dantas Academy one in Florida and now I’m here in Canada at A.J Scales Academy. www.completemma.ca

A.J.: When will we see you on the mat again?
RM: I will compete in the 10th Arizona Grappling Challenge hosted by Gustavo Dantas on October 10th. I will do a Super Fight with one of Marc Laimon’s students, Sim Go. This kid is the North American Abu Dhabi Trial winner, so it should be fun.

A.J.: Why didn't you get an invite to this year Abu Dhabi Championships?
RM: That’s a good question. I fought in Grappler Quest and finished all my opponents under two minutes. Brian Cimmins tried to help me out and put a good word in for me. Man I fought Abu Dhabi in 2001 and lost in the semi final to Royler Gracie. I have a good resume so I’m not sure why I was not invited. Nova União has some of the best guys at 145, 155 and 170 we have many good guys.

A.J.: So do you have any advice for someone that would like to become a world champion?
RM: Train hard and believe in your self because anyone can do it.

A.J.: Do you have any last comments?
RM: Yes, Nova União is coming to California!!!

HRH Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein of Jordan receives his Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federation of Jordan recently held its second belt promotion for 2007. The ceremony advanced a total of 10 students on Team Mirza, including HRH Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein, who earned his blue belt after 10 months of intensive training and private classes. "His Royal Highness is without a doubt a great contribution to our team. Despite his difficult agenda, Prince Hamzah is one of the most dedicated students we have. His amazing ability to learn new positions, combined with his incredible physical strength makes him an extremely talented Gentle Art practitioner ", declares Zaid Mirza who is the Board Secretary of the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Federatioin of Jordan. "A one hour Private Lesson at the Palace may extend to 4-5 hours of non-stop overindulgence of Jiu-Jitsu when HRH Prince Hamzah and HRH Prince Hashem are training", smiles Mirza.

The team's first batch of purple belts also happens to be the first of the Kingdom which inludes: Zaid Abu Ragheb, Yazan Salhab, Zaid Abu Soud, Mohammed Armouti, Ashraf Chechani, Mohammed Bilbeisi Zaid Khurma and Mohammed Mirza. Two fighters on the team also earned their blue belts at the ceremony: Basel Fanous and Shereef Twal.

All belts were awarded by Team Mirza black belts Zaid Mirza, Jonatas Gurgel and Pedro Galiza.


EMIRATES ASIAN SUPER CUP - BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION

(ASIA,AMERICAS,EUROPE,AFRICA) for white & blue + purple & brown belts!

14 & 15 DECEMBER 2007

ABU DHABI - UAE at the ADCC COMBAT CLUB
+ 29.000 US$ CASH PRIZE ! (100.000 AED or 45.ooo $ reais)

GROUP A = WHITE & BLUE BELTS

9 DIVISION:

-62KG, -68KG, -74KG, -80KG, -86KG, -92KG, -98KG, +98KG & ABSOLUTO

FIRST PLACE = 1400 US$

SECOND PLACE= 600 US$

GROUP B = PURPLE & BROWN BELTS + JUDO BLACK BELTS !

5 DIVISIONS:

-66KG, -78KG, -90KG, +90KG & ABSOLUTO

FIRST PLACE = 1600 US$

SECOND PLACE= 600 US$

Registration on-line NOW is available at:

www.asiansupercup.blogspot.com - supercup07@gmail.com

REGISTER= 20 US$
CARLOS SANTOS - EMIRATES TEAM
www.emiratesone.blogspot.com